Signs That Your Local SEO Isn't Working
It's Halloween. Here is our list of 22 scary signs that your local search engine optimization is probably broken - and you don't know what to do about it.
- You are advertising above urinals in public restrooms - and actually paying for it.
- You're sponsoring a radio show on an AM station.
- Paid for an ad on a bus stop bench
- You have a box of logo'd/branded stuff, that you paid real money for, in your basement, garage, backroom, etc.
- The branded stuff in the box in your garage is there because you spent so much money on it, that you only want to give it to really good prospects.
- You decided to sponsor high school sports on a local internet radio station, without checking to see that they only average seven listeners for those games.
- You paid for an ad on the ceiling of a bar. You really did.
- The last time you posted new content to your website was....you can't remember.
- Your website is not mobile responsive.
- You don't really know what mobile responsive means, or why it is critical to your business.
- You bought an ad in a local print pamphlet and spent a significant part of your marketing budget.
- When you do a Google search for your business' name, your website is not in the number one position. Neither is your Facebook page or Google for Business page. This a search for YOUR NAME!
- You don't have a website
- You hired someone - paid real money - to increase the number of Likes on your Facebook page.
- Your phone isn't ringing enough
- You don't have a Facebook business page
- You don't have a Google for business page
- You don't understand local SEO
- You think that you understand local SEO
- You have never had a discussion about local SEO, with someone who does understand local SEO
- You think that talking to a local SEO expert will be expensive
- You don't realize what the opportunity cost is, of NOT talking with an SEO professional today.
- You don't know a local search engine optimization expert.
Are you scared yet?